Saturday, June 17, 2006

I mean it, man

Now unlike many other countries, most Britons only know the first verse of our national anthem. Since it is the Queen's official 80th birthday, I thought I would attempt to put it right and give you all four verses. Thought there were six did you? Well, the others just went on about the Jacobite rebellion or some such nonsense.

God Save The Queen

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Her hats are notorious;
God save the Queen!

She brings the tourists in
Although we all think her kin
Are somewhat mad!
But she is head of state
And on this particular date
She awards Honours to the great
God save the Queen!

Her Maj. can’t do fairer
Than give our friend S****
An MBE!
She’s so deserving,
Courage unswerving,
So clever it is unnerving,
God save the Queen!

S**** put up a fight
For our disabled rights
And helped us all!
May she be fighting fit,
So she can make the trip,
She’s such a stalwart crip,
God save the Queen!


So when they ask the question, is the Honours system relevant? The answer, this year at least, is very much in the affirmative. Well done S****!

7 comments:

Lady Bracknell said...

That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. Thank you.

Will in future wander about humming, "She's such a stalwart crip" to myself until such time as it becomes so irritating that someone orders me to desist.

Thank you again,

S**** MBE

Attila the Mom said...

Woohoo! Standing ovations all around!

pete said...

Goldfish, I am not stalking the good Lady MBE. But thought I would write to say what a good spin you have on this.

I have played this tune for various members of royalty, higher ranks etc. And all the while I was thinking negative thoughts about them.

However I would break all protocolls gladly play all verses for the lady(MBE) and yourself;-)

marmiteboy said...

Wow, a real song all for S****.

Brilliant, I couldn't have managed that.

Good one.

Lady Bracknell said...

I think I might start calling myself S****.

It could give me the sort of mysterious allure I've been searching for for so many years...

Mary said...

*giggles*

Sally said...

Heartfelt congratulations to Lady Bracknell/'s editor S**** MBE